Properties of GEOMATERIALS foam glass aggregate
The combination of many advantages in one product
GEOMATERIALS foam glass aggregate is a high quality product made from post-consumer recycled glass. It meets the highest quality requirements and provides outstanding features, which has no other product in this variety. GEOMATERIALS is 100 % mineral and combines low density with a high compressive strength. In addition to its very good thermal and sound insulating properties, it is also resistant to moisture, fire, chemicals and aging - a true "all-rounder". This combination of positive properties is providing many advantages and making GEOMATERIALS suitable for different industries.
- Low density and high compressive strength: Despite the low bulk density (190 - 200 kg/m³) GEOMATERIALS is very pressure resistant due to its spherical structure.
- Excellent thermal insulating properties: The multicellular structure of the GEOMATERIALS spheres provides a very good Lambda value of 0.07 W/(m·K).
- Excellent sound absorption: GEOMATERIALS expanded glass effectively absorbs noise.
- 100 % mineral:GEOMATERIALS is non-combustible and releases no harmful gases when heat is applied. GEOMATERIALS is classified according DIN 4102 (DIN EN 13501-1) as construction material class A1 and suitable as fire extinguishing agent.
- Spherical grain shape: The spherical shape gives GEOMATERIALS special features like great free-flowing properties. This facilitates an easy feed and dosage in your manufacturing process and comfortable mixing in formulations. The closed and rough surface in combination with the spherical shape provide very good adhesion of binders.
- Health-friendly material: GEOMATERIALS is pure glass, inert, non-toxic, solvent-free, fibre-free, odour-neutral, anti-allergen, radiologically completely safe. The amorphous glass structure prevents the danger of silicosis
- Resistant: GEOMATERIALS is resistant to frost, heat, decay, aging, bacteria, moisture, acids, organic solvents and provides no host for pests, rodents, nor mould growth. GEOMATERIALS is perfectly suited for the combination with alkaline binders like lime, cement, water glass and other binders.
- Long-term stability: GEOMATERIALS is dimensionally stable even after years (no material shrinkage, no swelling).
- Environment friendly: Using post-consumer recycled glass for the production of GEOMATERIALS saves natural resources.
- Just like glass: GEOMATERIALS is recyclable and supports a sustainable building regarding LEED.